[ Intro ]
[ Development ]
[ Education ]
[ Financial Statements ]
[ Projects ]
[ Health Fund ]
[ Contact ]
[ Donations ]
[ Newsletters 2015—2019 ]
In the spring report I stated that thanks to the wish fund from Rabobank Leiden / Katwijk an amount was received to start a 'Health Fund'. The intention is to pay for medical treatments and / or medicines for people who cannot afford it themselves. In the meantime, 4,500 euros (556,465 rupees) have been deposited in the fund and so far three people have been helped from that fund.
- a mother of a young family who ended up in hospital after an improperly treated miscarriage due to a septic shock, a serious condition that would result in untreated death. She can now take care of her family healthily and well. Cost 10,000 rps is 80 euros.
- A man with typhoid fever, cost 20,000 rps is 160 euros
- The broken hand of a young boy is treated professionally, so he will not go through life with a deformed hand, cost 10,000 rps is 80 euros.
The selection of patients who submit a request is as follows:
- Local government, SSDO board, Health Support committee, health facilities involved in the program implementation. The committee makes decision on the basis of doctor's prescription, local government recommendation letter, and request letter of the patients. So all the documents will be sufficient to clarify reality of the patients.
- Committee use to supervise the economic status, may discuss with the doctors so I hope there will be no more issues or check and balance.
- SSDO itself is good and transparent organization having its financial and administration policies so SSDO board will have full responsibilities to make check and balance.
The local organization with which the Nepal Sammaan foundation cooperates is SSDO, Sunshine Social Development Organization. For more information, see their Organizational chart.